about this topic.
Monitoring of meteorological parameters represents the starting point in order to realize analyses and build models with the target of prevention of possible risks, the environmental control, the research in hydrologic e agronomic fields, the management of water resources.
Centro ISIDE uses the most innovative technological solutions and instrumentations today available on the market. Moreover, it has got a good equipped laboratory and a staff highly specialized to search and build solutions for particulars and specific problems.
A typical station is based on a data logger and a set of sensors that measure meteorological parameters (temperature, pressure, speed and direction wind, humidity, precipitation, solar irradiance, etc). Power supply can be provided by electrical system or by solar panels opportunely proportioned and connected to a battery.
The measures acquired can be sent to a data center using various transmission systems: radio, GSM, GPRS, satellite, and published on Internet in a dedicated area with restricted access.
For its features, each system is highly modular and versatile. In fact, every time it's possible to add other sensors and enlarge the net system, in order to satisfy new monitoring requirements.
Centro ISIDE's staff is able to care and integrate all the aspects regarding planning, building and managing of meteorological systems, with guarantee of elevated reliability and flexibility:
- feasibility analyses;
- good choice of installation points of the stations, in relation to:
- reach and have access to the places;
- the target of monitoring survey;
- net system monitoring plan based on territory features (data transmission system, location of relay, radio bridge, etc.);
- choice of the data logger, sensors and instrumentations accessories with features according to the specific case;
- installation of the stations on solid and reliable structures, offering the maximum resistance to the critical conditions happening in the installation places (wind, rain, etc.);
- manual or automatic data download, using various transmissions systems (GSM, GPRS, satellite, etc.);
- access the data on the web and on portable devices (notebooks, handhelds, etc.);
- remote control of good working of station and sensors;
- complete results with:
- data analyses and measures validation, in order to find possible errors and correct it;
- database managing;
- reports either in graphical and in tabular layout;
- data comparison with others measured hydrological parameters.
- ordinary and extra-ordinary maintenance of installed instrumentations, in order to find possible working bugs and correct it.