about this topic.
Gis - Cartography
A Geographic Information System (GIS) represents a sure advantage for efficient management of various information distributed on the territory in order to support the customer to make choices aimed to improve services efficiency and quality.
Centro ISIDE is able to plan and realize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for the management of services distributed on the territory (location of network systems, water-counters, gas-counters, hydraulic structures, etc.) and for all types of territory monitoring (environment, infrastructures, strategic planning, tele-control, mobility, etc.).
Particularly, a geographic information system allows Companies, Local Organizations and Network Manager Organizations (water, electric, gas, telephonic systems, etc.), to realize the integrated managing of its own infrastructures (storing, editing, analyzing, sharing and displaying geographically-referenced information).
The systems allow to manage various type of data (entity location and dimension, materials, management data, functional relations, etc.), using Internet too and can be customized according to the specific application.
Final product allow the customers:
- to consult geo referenced data;
- to find and manage specific geographic information;
- to make geo referenced maps;
- to layout specific themes;
- to process and elaborate the information;
- to have access to the data on the web and on portable devices (notebooks, handhelds, etc.)
To realize the geographic information systems, the technicians use a data base built on accurate territorial relieves. Centro ISIDE has got all know how in order to capture, store, analyze and share data and associated attributes which are spatially referenced to the earth, to draw, manage and edit maps, aero photos, satellite images and digital terrain model, in all standard representation scales.
Centro ISIDE has got a laboratory equipped of hardware, software and acquisition and printer peripherals (plotters and scanners with large format) for GIS, relief, vectorial and raster graphic.
The technicians can use:
- accurate instrumentations either for planimetric and altimetric topographical relieves (auto levels, digital levels, total stations, fixed stations, GPS systems, handhelds, etc.);
- dedicated hardware for cartographic elaboration (graphic stations, plotters and scanners A0 format, graphic tablets, laser and inkjet printers, etc.);
- innovative software (ESRI ArcGIS, ArcInfo, ArcView, Autodesk Raster Design, Map 3D, Civil 3D, Leonardo Quattro, etc.).