about this topic.
Landslides monitoring represents an important tool in order to realize plans and programs with the main target of hazard and risk prevention connected to instability phenomena and hydrogeologic problems.
Centro ISIDE's team is able to plan and build complete landslides monitoring systems using innovative instrumentations for displacements monitoring and controlling, with also data transmission on the web to have access the data through Internet.
With the aim of landslides analyzing and characterizing, the technicians use:
- accurate topographical relieves, using total station, level and GPS instrumentation, with installation of data and fixed bases to use topographical equipment;
- meteo stations, to monitor main meteorological parameters (rain, temperature, soil moisture, etc.);
- geotechnical instrumentations (inclinometers, extensometers, joint-meters, TDR, etc.), installed in surface or into wells;
- geotechnical tests (soil samplers, corer samplers, etc.);
- piezometers, to measure and monitor the amount of water into terrain;
- data loggers, to store and process data;
- various data transmission systems (radio, satellite, GSM, GPRS, etc.).
After the installation of landslides monitoring system, Centro ISIDE's specialized technicians supply the manage of data transmission instrumentations and go periodically on the places with the aims to directly control the movements evolution, to realize manual measurements, to do ordinary and extra-ordinary maintenance of installed instrumentations and to take photos of area involved in the landslide movement from fixed points of view.
Centro ISIDE's technicians manage and elaborate the measures collected and so are able to supply:
- statistical data analyses;
- stratigraphic column of main points of landslides area;
- diagrams and charts that show the measures;
- planimetric maps, with measured movements;
- historical set of measured parameters on all topographical data;
- location of sliding surfaces and evaluation of layer thickness;
- determination of landslides type;
- temporal and spatial evolution of instability phenomena;
- estimate of amount of material involved in the landslide process;
- evaluation of hazard and risk;
- access the data on the web and on portable devices (notebooks, handhelds, etc.);
- installation of “Early Warning” pre-alarm system, that is able to send alert message by email, SMS, vocal calls, etc., case of thresholds overcoming.