about this topic.
To optimize the use of groundwater resources, that constitute one of the highly useful and abundant drinkable water reservoirs, and to guarantee the water quality, it's necessary to plan groundwater monitoring and qualitative aquifer control surveys.
Centro ISIDE's staff is able to plain either qualitative and/or quantitative groundwater monitoring systems, using reliable instrumentations and innovative software. The systems allow to obtain systematic control of phreatic level, using piezometers installed into pipes or into wells, controlled by automatic data loggers that provide to store the measures and transmit the data by various channel types (radio, GSM, GPRS, satellite, etc.), with the possibility to consult the data also through Internet.
Centro ISIDE's technicians experience and professionalism allow to integrate all the point of view regarding planning, building and managing hydrometric monitoring systems in groundwater:
- good choice of monitoring points in relation to:
- groundwater features;
- reach and have access to the places;
- presence of wells, pools, etc.
- optimal choice of data logger, piezometers and data transmission systems according to specific local conditions;
- installation of probes into existing wells or into pipes on purpose dug in the terrain;
- manual or/and automatic data download;
- possibility to consult the data also through Internet.
- remote control of instrumentations;
- complete results with:
- data analyses and measures validation, in order to find possible errors and correct it;
- reports either in graphical and in tabular layout;
- data comparison with others measured hydrological parameters.
- ordinary and extra-ordinary maintenance of installed instrumentations, in order to find possible working bugs and correct it.
Centro ISIDE's technicians manage and elaborate the measures collected by piezometers and so are able to:
- draw phreatic maps;
- estimate seasonal and long term fluctuations of water table;
- determine water flow directions;
- estimate the aquifer capacity and the usable quantity of water;
- build a groundwater model;
- build the discharge rating curve at a given cross-section, in order to obtain superficial outflow and groundwater flow.
Moreover, Centro ISIDE 's team can periodically carry out qualitative analyses in situ by multi-parameter probes and collect water samples for laboratory analyses, with the aim to:
- verify the presence of contamination, either organic and inorganic nature;
- locate the possible pollution sources;
- estimate the groundwater vulnerability;
- determine plan of environmental state.